Views from the top, August 2014
We’re proud to announce that Views On Top has been short-listed for the AUS Mobile & App Design Awards 2014!
Please click here and rate us a ‘high 5’
Judging starts this Thursday and we’d love your support 🙂
And more good news… a new, improved Views On Top is almost ready to launch!
The new version links to a faster hosting platform and we’re closing down the old one. So when v1.1 launches (hopefully in just a week or two), you’ll receive a message asking you to download the app from the AppStore again. When you do, just log in and any places you’ve added to Places You’ve Been or Places You Want to Go will still be there.
So what else is new?
- there’ll be an iPad version on the AppStore
- you can suggest locations without having to add a photo
- you can add photos in landscape mode (although portrait is still preferred)
- maps don’t automatically zoom, so it’s easier to choose a location to view
- when you submit photos with comments, we’ll add your comments to the image
- a new Settings page has links to our website for tips on how to use the app, plus links to make it easier to get in touch
And for even more destinations, direct from Views On Top you can now:
- book tickets via www.GetYourGuide.com – the world’s biggest collection of things to do; and
- reserve rooms via www.booking.com in hotels with bars, restaurants and pools with great views, many of which are only accessible to hotel guests
… all with ‘best price guarantees’
With many thanks to our Viewsers (that’s you!) we’ve added over 100 places with great views since Views On Top launched in May. Now with over 700 destinations in around 400 locations across 85 countries, please keep making recommendations for great places with views to add and help us achieve our goal of having all the best ‘up-high’ places for views around the world.
If you’ve forgotten how to use Views On Top, just visit this ‘how-to‘ page. And if you’d like to be inspired with recommendations for places to visit and see what places have been recently added to View On Top, please follow us on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter.
We’ve set a goal of 50,000 Viewsers by 31 December 2014, please help us get there…
by encouraging your friends and family to download Views On Top, rating us on the iTunes AppStore and following us on social media – it all makes a difference, thanks!
Views On Top
PS Views On Top has received some great media, read what others are saying about us here: Views On Top In The Media
And here are some links to recent posts:
Best views in New York – including our four favourite rooftop bars after reviewing 18 🙂
Enjoying the views at the Grand Canyon – and how to look over the edge if you’re scared of heights
Las Vegas High Roller Observation Wheel – the biggest wheel in the world is now in Vegas
Taking on a fear of heights at the Stratosphere, Las Vegas – a ‘must do’ for adrenalin junkies