The 2014 Sydney Tower Stair Challenge was a great event
Part of the Tower Running Challenge organised by the World Federation of Great Towers, this once-a-year opportunity to run or walk up the 1,504 steps and 309 metres to the top of Sydney Tower was on 24 August 2014. That’s the same height as the Eiffel Tower!
The Views On Top Buddies team of Margaret Scott and Jodie McGowen completed the climb in 21 mins 1 sec., close to the average time of 20 mins and 47 secs.
The 2014 fastest times were:
- Men – Mark Bourne – 7 mins 17 secs
- Women – Suzy Walsham – 8mins 39 secs
Sydney Stair Climb Records are held by:
- Men – 6mins 52secs (Paul Crake, 2002)
- Women – 8mins 24secs (Suzy Walsham, 2013)
Winners in the Men’s and Woman’s Elite Categories received entry into the 2015 Tower Running World Cup Final (Vienna) and return airfares to and from Vienna .
The schedule for the 2014 event was:
- Elite Runners (8:40-9am)
- Celebrity Challenge (9-9:20am)
- Fancy Dress (9:20-10.20am)
- Running/Climbing Teams (10:20-12:30am)
- Social/Walking Teams (12:30-1.40pm)
- Buddies Climb (1:40-2.45pm)
- Individual Runners/Climbers (2.45-4.15pm)
- Individual Walkers (4.15-4.35pm)
- Schools Challenge (4.35-5.00pm
This was a really great event! It was a sunny day and everyone had fun. How about joining us next year?